The kidneys are a pair of bean-shaped organs on either side of your spine, below your ribs and behind your belly.
Each kidney is about 4 or 5 inches long, roughly the size of a large fist. The kidneys‘ job is to filter your blood.
Functions of the Kidney:
- remove waste products from the body.
- remove drugs from the body.
- balance the body’s fluids.
- release hormones that regulate blood pressure.
- produce an active form of vitamin D that promotes strong, healthy bones.
- control the production of red blood cells.